Thursday, October 31, 2013

Once we towed the van all the way to Victoria and back and with a good run up the high country under our belt we decided that we needed to do a bit more work on the old girl to keep on top of the maintenance.
So the first thing I did was to put a set of 33in Mickey T MTZ's on some Sidebitter alloys, Lifted the Truck 2in with Ozteck springs and threw on a set of Koni Heavy Track adjustable Shocks. (OK the Mickey T's are not essential but shit they look good.)


Once she had the new shoes I went to work fixing the oil leaks by pulling out the rear diff to replace the pinion seal, while  I had it out I though I might as well replace the carrier and Pinion bearings as well.
Also popped in a new set of jap bearings in the rear hubs and whacked it all back together.
How good are You-Tube tutorials.


Next I made my way to the front of the car and striped down the Swivil hubs for a rebuild with new seals and Bearings.


While I had the front apart I thought I better put a new set of brake calipers on as the old ones had seen better days and I didn't have the time to rebuild the old ones.


Bloody messy job, if your thinking of doing your swivel hubs make sure you have plenty of degreaser and rags.

No comments:

Post a Comment